Friday, November 12, 2010

Two Design Icons

Here it is; my first blog..

Designers love looking at design books and magazines and are inspired by so many things even in just one image. I thought I would start by showing you two of the many books that I enjoy and find inspiring. 

My first book was just given to me as a gift. My friend and upholster, Aixa and I went to the Suzanne Rheinstein book signing at her beautiful showroom on La Cienega. Her book is stunning and she has such great attention to detail.


This mountain retreat she designed in Sun Valley looks so warm and relaxing.  I love the tape used on the curtains for creating a division of architectural space.


This game room is handsome and also inviting.  I can see many family and friends gathering here.

On a different project: 
I never understood twin beds unless it is a children’s room so I would love this as a queen or king.  The colors are soft and serene.  The unexpected faux fur rug makes this room as she so successfully carries it on top of the sisal or cotton braided area rugs.


 Love the subtle stripes; notice them on the walls, the floor and the ceiling.


These outdoor gatherings are so chill and remind me of New England..





The second book is one on my favorites and is by Orlando Diaz-Azucuy.  I love the clean, yet sumptuous look and how he masterfully mixes styles together.



 I love these chairs and the marble coffee table..


This coffee table is by Ingrid Donat. She is an amazing sculptor.  She does everything from sculptures to furniture to lighting.  I also love the Richard Serra monoprint above the cool limestone fireplace mantle.


Great Arne Norell "Ari" lounge chairs..


I love the open layout of this bedroom... and the hot, red accent color...any color would work..


The last two images are so great for just chilling out and entertaining..


 



Well, bare with me as I am still learning how to get this blogger thing started..  Looking forward to making this interesting for those interested in design and decoration!


No comments:

Post a Comment